The Economic Models
Internet has played an important role with respect to those that have been in the time changes in existing markets or the possibility of the emergence of new. The modification of traditional forms is such that it has begun with the introduction of the tools of E-Commerce where the supply side of the Internet saw the opportunity to exploit new distribution channels and at the same time, demand has modified by breaking down physical boundaries and allowing an exchange of information and goods globally. The Internet has also facilitated the creation of new markets and new players through the changes that are taking place in recent years in the economic systems in general.
In this chapter we will analyze the Internet markets from the point of view of economic theories that insist on Intermediary and Content layers of LIIF Framework as the most representative of the new economy.
In particular, we will try to seize:
- the elements of the traditional economic theories that acquire amplified importance in the analysis of Internet markets
- the importance of economic theories on multi-sided markets on the Internet
- the economic impacts of the Internet
- the dynamics and structure of the Internet markets by referring to the theories of the new markets and theories of markets created by design
- the specific elements of the Internet markets compared to traditional markets